Toronto Talent Agency (TTA) hires background actors for paid work on behalf of their contracted production(s). As a registered background actor with Toronto Talent Agency, you are expected to abide by TTA’s terms and conditions as well as the production’s policies (collectively “Policies”) should they choose to enforce such conditions. Failure to comply with the policies; your employment relationship may be terminated at any time, for any reason or no reason, without cause and without notice, by either the employer or Toronto Talent Agency.
Throughout this document contract the following words and expressions shall have the following definitions or meanings:
- Toronto Talent Agency henceforth shall be referred as TTA, “we”, or “our”.
- Actor, Background Actor, Talent henceforth also known as “you”, “your”.
- Service is any use of torontotalentagency.com.
- Client henceforth also known as “agency”, “manager”, “casting company”, “production company”, “advertising agency”, or similar.
- Third Party also known as but not limited too; casting companies, production companies, advertising agencies, photographers, and similar.
- “Website” and/or” Site” henceforth also known as torontotalentagency.com.
- TTA website is for entertainment hiring related purposes only. Any misuse of websites other than entertainment related hire is strictly prohibited.
- Talent is responsible for his or hers profile privacy. TTA is not liable for misuse of talents profile, password, or content, including Third Party usage.
- TTA only use the information and content you provide
for entertainment casting and marketing purposes. This includes
emailing your talent profile information to our productions,
production staff, and studios for casting related background actor
- Use or distribution of content or material for other than entertainment related hire is strictly prohibited.
- Use, impression, or tampering of any member profile other than your own assigned TTA profile is strictly prohibited.
- Use, solicitation, involvement, or attempt to associate as or with TTA and websites, without written permission from TTA is strictly prohibited.
- PRIVACY ACT NOTICE: The Privacy Act Notice requires Toronto Talent Agency to notify you that we are authorized to collect this information by the Privacy Act. You do not have to provide the information requested. However, we cannot release information or records about you to another person or organization without your consent for release of information. Your records are confidential. We will release only records that you authorize, and only to persons or organizations who you authorize to receive that information. By entering your information you authorize Toronto Talent Agency and affiliates to use this information for entertainment casting and related purposes only.
- Note: Toronto Talent Agency database uses SSL, Secure Sockets Layer, the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.
- Minors under the age or 16, must have legal parent or legal guardian consent to use websites.
By registering for work as a Background Actor, I authorize Toronto Talent Agency and (TTA) and their software database provider (SDP) non-non-exclusive exclusive right of use, duplication, promotion, market, campaign, or similar of my talent profile content without limitation. By registering with TTA you grant permission for TTA and its partners, royalty free, without limitation right to use of content. TTA and SDP will never sell or share your information to a third party.
4. Talent Profile Information & Content
When you register for background work with TTA, you are required to enter accurate, current, and true size and profile information. All uploaded photographs, images, illustrations, video reels, clips, or any similar forms may be reviewed when uploading to such content to your profile to assure no unlawful material. Note: You are responsible for the content on your profile.
- No nude or pornographic content allowed on our websites.
- All minor’s (child) profile photos must be clothed.
- No minor (child) profile photos in swimwear or similar
- No content (photos or information) containing obscene, racially or sexually offensive, threatening or abusive material.
- You agree not to submit, publish or display; on TTA website, any defamatory, offensive or vulgar material or content.
- Providing false or inaccurate information on your talent profile can result in violation of our policies, possible termination, and legal action against you. If required, law enforcement will be notified.
5. Casting Background Actors
Toronto Talent Agency (TTA) provides entertainment related production companies and major studios with Background Actors and/or Talent. Toronto Talent Agency hires people such as yourself, also known as “Background Actor(s)”, for paid work in the entertainment and related industries (including but not limited to; Live Events, Films, Television Series, New Media, and related content). When you are hired for a project, we expect you to exercise the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct.
6. Harassment Policy
Toronto Talent Agency has adopted an entertainment industry wide policy that all talent performers and production crew work in an environment that is free of all forms of discriminatory harassment, including sexual harassment and harassment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Prohibited forms of discriminatory harassment include, but are not limited to, verbal, physical or visual harassment, unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, remarks or jokes of a sexual nature, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment. If such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment, even where it leads to no tangible or economic job consequences. Employees who violate this policy are subject to discipline up to and including immediate termination from TTA.
Background actors should promptly report all incidents of alleged discrimination or discriminatory harassment by co-workers, supervisors or nonemployees to Toronto Talent Agency, Attn: Doris Wohl at [email protected]. Toronto Talent Agency encourages all background actors to report any incidents of discrimination or harassment immediately. The law protects you from any retaliation for reporting or participating in the investigation of discrimination or discriminatory harassment.
7. Anti-Piracy and Confidentiality Policy
Toronto Talent Agency (TTA) strives to safeguard its clients, studios, and production companies protected information.
As a background actor registered with Toronto Talent Agency, you are prohibited from sharing any casting call information either directly or digitally. When booked through Toronto Talent Agency, you are strictly prohibited from the use and possession of any recording device including but not limited too audio, video, still camera or cellular phone camera while working on an TTA project. While working on an TTA project, all production client information viewed, read, or told verbally is strictly private and confidential. Some productions may require talent to sign an NDA directly in addition to these TTA policies. All talent is required to abide by any production NDA policies.
Any violations of this Anti-Piracy & Confidentiality Policy will result in termination from Toronto Talent Agency and if necessary the appropriate government agency or law enforcement will be notified.
- TTA talent members are required to confirm ASAP any audition or booking with TTA via email at [email protected].
- Failure to confirm an audition or booking can be treated as a cancellation and possible termination from TTA indefinitely.
- Not showing up to a confirmed work call without contacting us within 24hrs qualifies as immediate grounds for termination from TTA indefinitely and a $25 cancellation fee.
- TTA will attempt to notify you of continuity / recalls in advance whenever possible.
- Recalls announced or unannounced always take priority over any other booking.
- All cancellations are tracked and proof of cancellation may be required.
When you are booked for a job, you are required to follow all work call instructions provided by TTA and any instruction the project provides on set. You will arrive on time, camera ready in proper attire, hair and makeup ready, with all coordinating accessories to all hired work calls. You are considered booked or hired for a job when an TTA casting associate says you are booked. At that time information for the booking will be given or the Casting Director may release your information later. Talent whom contracted with “calling service” or similar agency, must confirm their booking information with their service/agency. TTA is not responsible for service/agency errors on bookings or casting calls.
As a registered Background Actor with TTA, you are required to follow all policies, instructions, terms, and definitions. TTA reserves the right to terminate any talent registration profile without prior notice based on initial policy violation information. Termination may result for any misconduct or violation of TTA or production company policy and/or procedure for any of the following reasons, but not limited to:
- Falsification of identity or employment records, employment information or any legally required document.
- Negligence causing harm or intentionally causing harm to Toronto Talent Agency, production, and/or the employees of Toronto Talent Agency, Background Actors and/or Talent, production, or third parties.
- Harassing or discriminating based on (but not limited to) a person’s age, race, color, religion, disability, medical condition, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. Activities including verbal, visual, physical or sexual activities.
- Retaliating against anyone who reports or provides information in good faith about harassment or discrimination.
- The use of threatening or bullying behavior toward employees of Toronto Talent Agency, its parent company, Background Actors and/or Talent, or employees of production.
- Violating Toronto Talent Agency’s Anti-Piracy & Confidentiality Policy. See Toronto Talent Agency’s Anti-Piracy & Confidentiality Policy.
- Participating in criminal conduct at any time. Law enforcement will be notified if necessary.
- Accepting a booking or job and then failing to report to the job or extreme tardiness.
- Sending someone to work in replace of you to a set without TTA or production approval.
- Working overtime without authorization.
- Recording work time or allowing falsification of any time record, either your own or another Background Actor time record.
- Leaving the job for any reason during your scheduled hours without proper permission
- Bringing any visitors or guests with you to your job without prior authorization
- Provoking, threatening or fighting while on the premises of a production or TTA premises
- Sleeping on the job, avoiding doing work, or preventing others from performing their job.
- Asking actors for pictures or an actor’s autograph including taking pictures without permission. You may interact with the principal actor(s) if they approach you or if you are directed to do so by production.
- Failure or refusal to obey the reasonable work-related tasks or instructions of a supervisor or member of management either within TTA or third party production staff.
- Violating Piracy Policy including the use of cell phone on set
- Reporting to work, work related event, or working, under the influence of (or in possession of) alcohol or illegal drugs
- Reporting to work, work related event, or working and carrying firearms or any other weapon(s) without prior approval. Prop guns or prop weapons must be cleared in advance and all directions followed by production safety measures.
- Theft, or damage, or destruction of any property of Toronto Talent Agency, another Background Actor and/or Talent or production, or any third party.
- Unauthorized use of either TTA or production’s equipment, time, materials, or facilities including surrounding premises while working without approval.
- Violation of any safety, health, security, including TTA and production policy, rule or procedure.
TTA, and clients are not liable for additional costs, fees, or similar for website use. As a TTA member, you understand that it is your responsibility to protect your content with the use of website.
All website use of TTA is copyright of TTA, its partners and affiliates.
Any portions of website cannot be copied, duplicated, transferred, transmitted, shared, or sold without written permission from TTA. Violation of website usage or contract will be subject to lawsuit.
Use of TTA website is at your own risk. TTA disclaims any warranties of any kind as to the use and content of website. TTA is not responsible for third party costs, fees, interruptions, or similar, including but not limited to, service, tech support, software, damages, repairs that may occur during the website usage.
14. Your Right to Cancel Registration
You may cancel your registration at any time. Notice of cancellation must be given by email [email protected] from the email address listed on your profile. Once deleted from the TTA casting database, only booking information is retained. All other profile information is permanently removed from the TTA casting database. To cancel your TTA registration, email: TTA [email protected] and use subject line: Remove Profile. Please allow up to (1) week for TTA registration cancellation to take effect.
15. Payment and How Your Payment Information Is Used
TTA uses Stripe for state-of-the-art security, one of the most trusted and secure credit card and payment processors. TTA DOES NOT collect your credit card or any payment information; your information is collected and secured by Stripe.
16. No Guarantees
We do everything we can to match jobs to individual profiles however, we cannot guarantee work. This industry is seasonal and slows down in the winter months. Your use of TTA’s database does not promise that the use of our service will result in a job.
17. Terms Applicable to Users
You agree that TTA is not liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of:
- Reliance on any information relating to other users or third parties, or about opportunities or services provided by them.
- Any communications, contracts or dealings (or lack thereof) with other users or third parties.
- Inclusion in the database is not a guarantee of jobs.
- Your ability to access the internet or any communications device.
- Any errors, malfunctions or damage to connections, equipment of software that may result from the use of our Sites and Services.
- When you register, you will be asked to create a password, which you should keep confidential. Use of your login to access the our Site and Services, including email address and password (other than by our Site administrators) will be your responsibility.
18. Membership Pricing and Fees
TTA membership pricing and fees may increase without notice.
11 Oct 2019